Struggling to reach your goals? The last two years have been a rollercoaster for the staffing industry. From the lows of 2020 to the jarring turns of 2021, it’s hard to know what to expect in 2022.
Still, you can’t get discouraged. You want to elevate your staffing firm in the new year. But you don’t quite know how to set goals in a time of such uncertainty, especially around the labor market and staffing in particular.
There are ways to prepare for 2022 even with a volatile economic situation.
Here are four goals to consider as you look to advance your staffing firm in the new year:
Provide More Value
Do you want to beat the competition in an aggressive market? Then you need to make sure you have the best offerings possible. You need to deliver as much value as possible for both your clients and the candidates who turn to you for jobs.
Here are a few ideas to consider as you look at your 2022 plans:
- Recruiting advice
- Onboarding/training services
- Retention counseling
- Resume review
- Interview prep
- Career counseling
Expand Your Footprint
True, bigger isn’t always better. But it does have its advantages. As you look to 2022, ponder whether an expansion can make you a more attractive staffing firm for both clients and candidates.
You can achieve this growth goal in multiple ways:
- Venture out beyond your niche. Consider adding different types of candidates to your pool of a talent, making you competitive in new industries.
- Think about mergers and acquisitions. It might be possible to extend your reach through deal-making. Look for competitors that you could bring into the fold.
- Review potential partnerships. You might not need to go as far as buying another company. Instead, you can increase value for your clients through targeted strategic partnerships.
- Add to your geographic footprint. Study the possibility of adding a new office or expanding your reach to a new location.
Fine-Tune Your Organization
Acquisitions and partnerships involve looking outwards. You can gain significant value from turning inward as well. Seek out improvements within your organization to become more efficient and more responsive to whatever 2022 has to offer.
How can you do this? Here are a few items to consider:
- Productivity improvements
- Contingency planning
- Technology upgrades
- Hiring/retention planning
Improve Your Flexibility
As 2022 begins, the shadow of the past two years looms over the new year. First, COVID dominated 2020, with shutdowns and severe economic downturns. Then came 2021, with its accelerated recovery and one of the strangest labor markets in a generation.
The lesson of the last two years: flexible organizations survive while rigid ones get left behind. Do you have the limber structure you need to change with the times?
Look to make your staffing firm nimbler. Create contingency plans so that you aren’t taken by surprise in an emergency. At the same time, invest in technology so you’ll have the backbone you need to react to shifting conditions.
Get the Funding You Need to Reach Your Staffing Firm’s Goals This Year!
Achieving your 2022 goals will likely require an investment on your part. Frontline Funding can provide the cash you need to reach your objectives.
Contact Frontline Funding today to learn more.